You have established one of the best laughs I have ever heard. It sounds like a machine gun but in the funniest way possible. People hear it, stop what they are doing to look or comment because it is so funny and it just makes everyone want to smile and laugh too. It is so awesome.
And it has really helped to have something to smile and laugh about this month as it was a tough one. Your Great Grandma T. passed away this month. You didn’t get to know her very well, but she was joyful, accepting, giving, kind, loved being around people and laughing and was always so grateful for everything she had. She touched so many people’s lives and we are all going to miss her a lot. I have no doubt she will continue to watch over you and bless you with some of her wonderful traits.
Thankfully, we were able to get out on Papa’s boat two times this month to relax and enjoy some good quality time together despite all of the sadness of Grandma T. You absolutely loved just sitting in the sand filling your bucket as the water gently washed over your toys. I was very surprised that you never tried to eat the sand but were very content just playing around. You also do this amazing thing of taking a nap on the boat. We lay you down on one of the seats, give you your paci and bunny and put a little blanket over the top of the chair to make a little tent, turn the sound machine on, and you fall right asleep among everyone else moving and chatting around you. Remarkable. neither Lexi or William would have ever done that.
Other development notes:
- You now wave your hand side-to-side instead of wiggling your fingers
- You officially learned to walk this month and quick crawling
- You guzzle milk in a sippy cup like a crazy woman. Seriously, girl. You love it.
- You discovered how to open drawers and cupboards this month and it is a new favorite pastime. You love to take out every cup, bowl and plate we have and leave them all over the kitchen/living room. Occasionally, you’ll put them back in, but most of the time you just like to take things out. You also LOVE to go into my drawer in the bathroom and play with my bobby pins, clips, deodorant, makeup, face lotion, traveling size Listerine bottle, and toothpaste. It is rare to find you without a tube of toothpaste sticking outside of your mouth. (the cap is on).
- You’ve pretty much quick doing any kind of baby sign and will just grunt like crazy when you want something.
- We kind of took your paci away this month. You’ve always only ever had it when you sleep and we started to not give it to you during naps, but then you’ll be really crabby and we give it to you, so that is more on us about being consistent.
I think it is amazing at how much you look like Lexi and William. You have the same complexion and face shape as Lexi, but you have William’s big eyes, and I think you are going to be more similar to William from a personality standpoint, but we will see.
Another big thing that happened this month was Lexi began kindergarten and William started preschool. You and William have much more time together and it is fun to watch how your relationship has evolved. He loves being big brother and trying to teach you how to play in the way that Lexi has taught him to play. It is also a different dynamic to for you to just be home with Daddy while he is at school. Dada says your kind of a lost puppy with out the big kids there to follow around and you need much more attention.
Happy 15 months big girl. Another month in the books. So crazy to think that in 9 months you’ll be two and will be talking and MAYBE, just MAYBE even ready to potty-train!?!?!
Love you sweet girl,