I took a couple weeks off as I felt like I was writing the same thing every week. A couple of updates that happened over the last few weeks.
- We’ve told people you’re on your way! Our original plan was to announce via our Christmas Cards, but we never got around to actually ordering the cards, so we just posted it online. Either way, the secret is out of the bag!
- I don’t want to jinx myself, but I think I’ve turned the corner of the 1st trimester sickness. Outside of brushing my teeth, my sickness always hit me in the afternoons/evenings. However, over the last week, there have only been 2 times I haven’t felt well. I don’t seem to be as tired as I was either. If we’re out doing activities, I get tired, but I’m not exhausted like I was. Most food is agreeable these days. The mere thought of something doesn’t make me gag like it had a couple weeks ago and I can pretty much eat everything again. Some things sound better than others but the intense cravings have drastically diminished.
- At my 10.5 week appointment (I went a little early due to Dr. G being on vacation) I had lost 3 lbs. All but one pair of pants still fit me which is a bonus and at least 2 weeks longer than I lasted with your big brother. I don’t think I’m showing yet either. There is a bump there but, it was there well before your arrival so you can’t take credit for anything quite yet.
- Daddy and I continue to have lots of conversations about what we are going to do for childcare once you arrive. The only thing I think we have decided is that you and your siblings won’t be going to daycare-now it is just a matter of figuring out who will be here with you. This is by far my biggest anxiety right now. It keeps me up at night and I’m constantly thinking about it. Regardless of the decision, there are so many things that will ripple out of the decision. Ultimately, we want what is best for you munchkins, but we also want an ‘affordable’ option that won’t drastically change our lifestyle. Unfortunately, I don’t think there is an option out there that meets those needs, so then it comes down to what is the next best option.
- This past week we celebrated Christmas. We had a great time celebrating with family and Mommy and Daddy were both home the whole week. It has been so nice to just be home as a family playing games and laughing and snuggling. It is so crazy to think you’ll be 6 months old at this time next year and how that will change things for us.