Dear little babe,
This past week has been pretty good! Your big sister was getting over a summer fever sickness and bad rash that kept us on her toes, but now she is all in the clear. We also spent some time up at the b-well cabin on Lake Superior. While up there we shared the news of your upending arrival with Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Joe and Auntie Angie. Grandma and Grandpa were very surprised and Joe and Angie suspected that you may be coming.
Overall, I’m feeling pretty good. I only had to take one nap this week and feel like the extreme exhaustion has passed. I feel much more confident after our appointment last week, but it still feels so different than my pregnancy with Lexi it makes me a little nervous.
1st Trimester Pregnancy Symptoms with Lexi:
- Extreme EXHAUSTION (naps everyday after work, nap in the closet while getting ready for work in the morning, going to bed 2 1/2 hours earlier each night, non-funtioning at work from 3:00 on.)
- Sore boobs
- Gagging while brushing my teeth
- Food aversions: Eggs, Buffalo sauce
- Food cravings: McDonalds & Strawberries
- Extreme excitement and constant daydreaming about you
1st Trimester Pregnancy Symptoms with Baby 2:
- Tired (but not nearly as bad as I was with Lexi and it only really lasted two weeks)
- Face breaking out more
- Food aversions: hamburgers (they don’t sound good, but I still can eat them if I have to)
- Gaining weight faster (I’ve gained 2 lbs. so far, Lexi I didn’t gain a pound until I was 16 weeks.)
- I can feel the hard belly starting to form, and am uncomfortable when I bend over.
- A little panic of ‘what are we getting ourselves into?’ Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled to be blessed with you and wanted you and prayed for you, but I do have moments here and there where I’m ‘GULP, am I ready for this again? The pregnancy discomfort, labor, learning how to nurse again, the lack of sleep and just generally starting all over again.’
I know I need to stop complaining and should consider myself lucky, and I do, but I also want to be real about these moments and remember the true emotions I experienced. Because I physically feel different, emotionally I’m in a different place and am pre-occupied with big sissy, the reality of you just hasn’t set in yet. I feel like part of me is still waiting for something to go wrong. I know the likelihood is pretty small, but I just haven’t been able to let myself get there emotionally yet.
Additionally, this is my last week at UnitedHealthcare. Next week, I’ll be starting a new job at Best Buy! Lots of change is in the air my dear little babe. Cheers to hoping these last 4 weeks of summer slow down a bit and I’m able to get over this odd hump!